Friday, October 31, 2008

The Drunken Rabbit Rock


I'm not going to lie. Frightened Rabbit was wasted last night. Not nervous, not upset, just plain old Scottish wasted. These 4 guys from Scotland came back to Portland(which they continued to rave about pre/post show) and spent a fun-filled day at Sassy's before the show. They made it to Holocene on time with about 150 eager souls ready for something big. By showtime, they were ready to rock and did not disappoint. An acoustic version of "Poke" and fun-filled version of "Twist" were the ones that stuck out most in my mind. Hopefully they will return soon, especially due to the fact that today a cold, drunken swim at the Oregon Coast was on top of their list. And yes, those are drunken giraffes dancing around in the pic and video.
Poke at my iris
Why can't I cry about this?
Maybe there is something
that you know that I don't?
We adopt a brand new language
communicate through pursed lips,
You try not to put on
any sexy clothes or graces.
I might never catch a mouse
and present in my mouth
and make you feel you're with someone
who deserves to be with you.
But there's one thing we've got going
and it's the only thing worth knowing.
It's got lots to do with magnets
and the pull of the moon.
Why won't our love keel over
as it chokes on a bone?
We can mourn its passing
and then bury it in snow.
Or should we kick its cunt in
and watch as it dies from bleeding.
If you don't want to be with me
just say and I will go.

No comments: