Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ash. St. Action w/ The Ruse

I'm not going to lie. It's been a tough day all around for me, but last night's show put on by The Ruse keeps bringing me back to happy times.

John, Jim, Jason, and Mark put on one hell of a show. We made sure to get there pretty early to see everyone, and the decision was definitely a good one. The show began with a little known gem of a band, a band we'll call Soul D. They were literally just in the US for a few shows before heading back to Japan, and rocked it. Hard. If you get the chance, look them up and I promise you will not be disappointed.

Anyway, The Ruse also killed it. As packed as a Wednesday in Portland can get, it didn't matter. A great set including much of Midnight in the City (new album on Amazon and iTunes) as well as an old favorite or two. (Always a fan of "All I've Done"). So, enough about the show. Listen to the tunes, go buy the album, and go see then next time they come around.









No comments: