Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blind Melon - Live @ the Commodore


In honor of the first sunny day Portland has seen in a while, I thought I'd dip back into the old Blind Melon archives. Best known for Bee Girl and "No Rain," Shannon Hoon and Co. were actually a pretty damn good band. This live set from the Commodore in 1995 is a great representation of what they could produce. Shannon's death is still sad to this day, but this show can bring a little of him back anytime.

"As I walk down the highway all I do is sing this song,
And a train that's passin' my way helps the rhythm move along"

Blind Melon - Live @ the Commodore (link)


Track List:
2x4
Toes Across the Floor
Tones of Home
Wilt
Vernie
No Rain
Walk
Lemonade
Time
St. Andrew's Fall
Skinned
Change
Soup
The Duke
Galaxie
Car Seat
Filler: Galaxie
Filler: Walk
Filler: Change
Filler: No Rain

1 comment:

alt-gramma said...

Agree, Blind Melon was wonderful. I liked "Soup" better than their debut album, though. I know they have reformed with a new singer, but I haven't listened to their songs. I don't know how anyone could take the place of Shannon Hoon.